So, you've been hearing alot about this great company with the cool phones and how much everybody likes working there. How'd you like to be a part of this company that's a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. That's right, T-Mobile USA.
Why is T-Mobile USA a great company to work for?
- the people
- the corporate culture
- the creativity, intelligence, & ambition of the T-Mobile associates
- mostly, it's the huge opportunity to grow with and contribute to a company that puts its money where its mouth is: we just invested more than $1.6 billion in just six months, to expand our network capacity, improve call quality, reduce the number of dropped calls and increase the overall Health Index of our network. Why? Because we care about our customers (just ask J.D. Powers).
We're looking for an unusually capable professional who exhibits distinctive traits: unique ideas, special experiences, and a desire to excel in a company striving to be its best. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position will be a key contributor in helping T- Mobile USA meet their current and future business needs. This individual will be assigned to partner with specific business functions and assist them in meeting their overall business needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic direction and input regarding overall Human Resource strategies that supports the culture, company direction and the business needs of the organization
Playing a integral role in the development and implementation of cross functional Human Resource initiatives and programs to ensure the company is meeting the growth needs of the business as well as, the employees' growth needs.
- Proactively networking and benchmarking (HR best practices in terms of creative positive work environment solutions, retention strategies and development tactics.
- Providing strategic and tactical partnership/assistance to all business partners enabling them to more effectively meet their business and personnel objectives.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of programs, tools and processes designed to improve management and employee performance, productivity, satisfaction and business results.
- Directly supervise a staff of 2-3 personnel that provides day-to- day coaching, performance feedback, career counseling, development and staffing/recruiting.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in ER and HR; 3 years previous management experience.
- Strong employee relations background in a service environment with current nationwide, multi- location, multi- function knowledge and/or experience.
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills including AAP and diversity planning
Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills along with project management and program development skills.
- Clear understanding of how best to align Human Resources to T- Mobile USA's business needs.
- Effective identification and negotiation of services with external vendors.
- Effective partnering with T-Mobile stakeholders to achieve success in Human Resources strategies and attracting and retaining the best talent.
- BA in Human Resources, Education or a closely related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Management skills that demonstrate:
- An ability to identify and grasp broad objectives
- Commitment to results
- Success in getting things done through others
- Willingness to (roll up one's sleeves and do it personally when necessary)
Up to the challenge? Email your resume and one paragraph that highlights your most significant accomplishment in 2006.
Dennis Smith, Sr. Mgr, Talent Acquisition