St. Jude Medical, Plano, TX
Desktop Support Technician (w/ strong iPad Support experience!)
Hot Job @ St. Jude Medical in Plano, TX - must have iPad support exp and willingness to work the 10am - 7pm shift!
Major, On-Going Responsibilities:
• Excellent customer service skills are required. This person is in constant direct contact with employees.
• Provide break/fix, setup support on laptops, desktops, tablets, printers, smart phones, and other PC hardware.
• Troubleshoot Apple and Wintel Operating Systems (iOS, Macintosh OS X, Windows 7, Win XP.
• Seasoned configuration skills and best practice knowledge with Mac and iOS operating sys.
• Experienced in troubleshooting and configuring core iPad applications.
• Current hands on experience with Apple’s iTunes application delivery method.
• Perform service desk operator duties according to assignment. Usually 7-12 hours per week.
• Respond to help requests in a Remedy service desk request system in a timely manner, usually under an hour.
• Document troubleshooting, communications, and resolution of issues.
• Problem resolution will involve both in-person hands on help and remote tool help.
• Engage with vendors as needed to coordinate warranty or outside repairs.
• Support Office 2007 desktop environment including web based applications.
• Deploy desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, to users.
• Image and prepare laptop/desktops for deployment.
Experience | Training:
• Required Experience & Training:
• High School degree required; Bachelors degree preferred
• At least 3 years desktop experience supporting a medium sized business environment, 200+ users.
• 2-3 years Apple Mac support experience
• iPad \ iOS support experience in a business setting.
• The hours for this position are 10:00am – 7:00pm.
Ideal Experience | Training: • A+ hardware certification
• Microsoft Certification on Desktop systems, Office suites and Networking
• Previous experience with Remedy Help desk software
• Sony and Dell Laptop and Desktop experience or certifications.
• Experience with any of these, Marimba, Big Fix, Remedy Service desk.
This person must be ready to jump in and get after the work that is assigned without micromanagement. This individual must be able to take direction and then drive towards completion. Must be committed to deliver the best customer experience, even beyond the customer’s expectations. As a technician on the team they will be expected to be able to work independently but also as a team since handing off work is a common task.