Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering (Hardware)
email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: May 26, 2010
Location: Plano, TX, USAJob Description
St. Jude Medical develops medical technology and services that focus on putting more control into the hands of those who treat cardiac, neurological and chronic pain patients worldwide. The company is dedicated to advancing the practice of medicine by reducing risk wherever possible and contributing to successful outcomes for every patient. St. Jude Medical is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn. and has four major focus areas that include: cardiac rhythm management, atrial fibrillation, cardiovascular and neuromodulation. We currently have the following position available in our Neuromodulation Division.
The Senior Manager manages a group of highly skilled technical personnel and delivers results consistently by careful planning and competent execution skills. Performs strategic staffing, aligns resources and execution plans with the anticipated business goals, tracks progress to achieve excellence and seeks opportunities to help others achieve excellent cross-functionally. Nurtures innovation, initiative and team work. Embodies St. Jude Medical's credo as a role model and strives to do the right things right consistently.
Major, On-Going Responsibilities:
• Understands the value proposition and metrics of success and works to actively promote those values within the organization; nurtures an environment of strong customer focus for both internal and external customers.
• Remains current on developments in neuromodulation field, and regulatory requirements.
• Has excellent communications and interpersonal skills; nurtures an environment for innovation through training, work, open communications and cross functional cooperation and collaboration
• Responsible for hiring and retaining a diverse, highly qualified staff and for providing career coaching, growth, and personal development.
• Accountable for the performance of the group, including the efficiency and throughput of managed subcontractors. Develops staff; critiques, instructs, mentors, evaluates, and coaches.
• Provides guidance and occasional hands-on technical support as needed.
• Responsible for executing projects and delivering milestones compliant to all applicable standards, company SOPs and the master plan and schedule. Implements methods and metrics to correctly evaluate improve and maintain efficient design processes.
• Responsible for uncompromised quality; issues engineering reports, identifies problem areas and magnitude of problems, direction and implementation details of corrective and preventative actions, testing and confirmation of results, ensuring successful and timely completion of projects consistently.
• Participates in activities related to new product planning and existing product life cycle improvements and extensions, via new and improved processes for design, testing and manufacturing, and statistical and trending, actively contributing to the continuous improvement initiative.
• Establishes and actively reviews customer and engineering requirements, product and test specifications, reports, industry and company standards, guidelines and actively participates in the continuous improvement initiative.
• Performs studies on functional and parametric product performance, failures and trends examining and resolving issues that impact final production such as design, documentation, materials, processes, equipment and training
• Provides in-depth, timely and periodic feedback to management on matter such as product, process, resource issues, engineering failure modes and corrective actions via detailed reports and presentations.
• Provides technical guidance and resources to cross functional teams, vendors, external suppliers and inspectors to facilitate design and manufacturing operations, expedite work, improve efficiency and help improve quality and throughput.
• Performs engineering evaluations on second sources, interfacing with vendors and suppliers and briefs management; assists management in cost estimates, scrap reduction, forecasting, resource planning.
• Maintains a safe and productive, professional, fun to work environment.
Experience & Training:
• Bachelor's in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science and Master's in Electronics or Biomedical Engineering; MBA or equivalent experience would be beneficial
• 15 or more years of industry experience with a minimum of 5 years in management
• Experience in medical device or other highly regulated development environment
• Strong technical skills, including analytical and problem solving skills to guide, mentor and grow a team
• Proven ability to work effectively and lead a team competently under stress
• Proof of successfully directing four or more, complex projects from concept to production release
• Hands on design experience in embedded, board-level hardware and firmware with equal capacity
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; uses email tools effectively and efficiently
• Understands and evaluates career objectives of personnel as well as strengths and weaknesses by working with them closely and grows personnel while managing out weaknesses.
• Works with cross functional teams that may include multiple-sites, sets direction to meet and exceed the business goals and executes project tasks competently to reach the finish line successfully, on time and consistently.
• Works closely with product management and technology R&D teams to actively participate in new product planning and life cycle management activities.
email resume to: email@example.com