Big thanks to the recruiting community, and to the bloggers who encouraged me to jump on the blogging bandwagon in 2004 (namely, the Slouch himself, Jason Davis). The impact of blogging has been invaluable to my career, and the community of recruiters that I've come to know (and learn from) has been the best part of it all.
Many, including the winner of Best Overall Recruiting Blog (Dave Mendoza's Six Degrees from Dave) have been a constant source of encouragement. It's actually hard to remember what recruiting was like prior to the birth of my blog, but I can't imagine what recruiting would have been like these past three years without my Web 2.0 friends.
As a result, blogging has made the recruiting community (across the world) much smaller.
And that's a good thing.
Here's a list of the winners from each category of the RecruitingBlog.com awards:
Here's to blogging in 2008!
1. Best Overall Recruiting Blog (Prize - Trip to Vegas Thanks to Zoominfo)
2. Best Recruiting Blogosphere PersonalityRecruiting Animal
3. Best Third Party Recruiting BlogHiring Revolution
4. Best Recruiting Technology BlogI, Donato
5. Best Job Hunting BlogWired & Hired
6. Best Corporate Recruiting BlogWirelessJobs.com
7. Best Sourcing/Research BlogCyberSleuthing
8. Best Group BlogXtra Cheezhead
9. Best Recruiting Industry BlogSix Degrees From Dave
10. Best HR BlogGautam Ghosh