Nice article by David Zax today on FastCompany - Why the Kids Don't Blog and Grandma's on Facebook
Here's a few takeaways:
- Teenagers are abandoning blogs
- The "G.I. Generation" is flocking to Facebook
- Across the board, Americans are using the Internet more - old and young alike.
- Over half--51%--of adults listen to music online
- 53% of adults have used classified sites like Craigslist--a number way up, from 32%, back in September 2007
And here's the biggie:
The fastest growth on social networking sites like Facebook has come from internet users 74 and older, where usage has quadrupled since 2008. Wow.
If only Granny (from the Beverly Hillbillies) were alive today.