VICE PRESIDENT CARRIER RELATIONS
Email resume to: email@example.com
CompanyMobile Messenger is a privately owned company that provides turnkey technology and services solutions to small and mid-sized direct marketers and mobile content providers that enable the marketing and distribution of digital content to mobile communication consumers. Mobile Messenger’s operates in the Off-Deck Premium SMS market, its offerings include technologies such as SMS/MMS applications and content management systems, and services such as campaign creation and management, media planning and buying, billing process management, customer service, and wireless carrier interface operations.
Mobile Messenger currently operates a highly profitable operations model across the USA, Australia, UK, New Zealand and Canada. Mobile Messenger is a fast-moving, young, and dynamic company which is currently growing its revenue in excess of 50%, To facilitate this growth, overall headcount in the company has grown from 12 in 2005 to today’s number of 150. In order to continue this growth the company is seeking a Vice President, Carriers.
ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Founder and Chief Executive Officer, the VP of Carriers will serve as a key member of the company’s executive team and will lead/coordinate the company’s efforts Win dealing with Telecom Carriers, Aggregators, and associated consultants. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop a complete carrier relations/outreach program including
• Initially US focused but will encompass other countries
• Involve all aspects of the campaign launch external ecosystem including carriers, aggregators, compliance outsourcers, etc.
• Drive multi-level relationships with carrier eco-system, have periodic formal and informal meeting to maintain optimal relationships
• Develop metrics and systems to track Mobile Messenger performance in key areas of carrier interest as well as Mobile Messenger efficiencies. Use these metrics and Mobile Messenger performance to demonstrate MM as a trusted and reliable partner.
• Focus will be to enhance Mobile Messenger standing and performance in Carrier Campaign eco-system as well as to better understand how Mobile Messenger can optimize its practices in order to gain better acceptance by the eco-system.
• Ensure Mobile Messenger systems, processes and actions react to carrier and compliance issues in best possible manner considering all factors.
• Overall goal is to improve Mobile Messenger campaign launch and profitability.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 15 to 20 years in the carrier/mobile marketplace. A proven tack record of results in the marketing and/or product development area.
Other areas of technical/functional expertise should include:
• Experience in the 3rd party/independent provider of content to the mobile phone/mobile operator business.
• Developing marketing and or business plans focused in the mobile arena.
• Experience dealing with multiple sites and multi-national staff, and geographic growth.
• Experience in the development and presentation of various reporting packages for BOD as well as outside investors.
In addition to the requisite background and functional skills the successful candidate will also have the following performance and personal competencies:
• Leadership and Execution:
The successful candidate should be viewed as a person who will help lead the company to its next phase of growth. He or she must be able to drive results in the organization. They will be well-versed in performance management and be a strong business partner to the Chief Executive Officer and other senior leaders.
• Fast Paced:Mobile Messenger is in a fast paced, ever-changing marketplace. We are looking for someone who can adapt to this environment and provide the necessary controls and forecast during these marketplace changes.
• Learning and Intellect:We are looking for a candidate who can accomplish the tasks listed as well as grow into further management roles within the company.
• Relationships and Interpersonal Skills:They must be able to build and sustain an excellent relationship at multiple levels in the workplace. They need to hold to well-articulated core values and expected behavior and hold others to the same standards without exception
• Team Builder:He or she will lead the building of effective teams committed to organizational goals. They will foster collaboration among team members and among teams and will use teams to address relevant issues. He or she can establish rapport and effective relationships and lets people be responsible for their work, sharing wins and successes. They also let subordinates present to senior management and be recognized for their own efforts and view each success as a win for the whole team.
Mobile Messenger is prepared to offer the successful candidate a highly attractive compensation package that includes a salary, bonus, and equity compensation.
Santa Monica, CA