Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Technology Communications Manager - Nokia (Palo Alto, CA)
You can get the ultimate "dark knight" phone.
Now, get the ultimate job:
Technology Communications Manager
To communicate thought leadership, demonstrated by Nokia in new technology areas by artfully sharing the breadth and depth of the technology and research portfolio of Nokia through creative and engaging storytelling.
Main Responsibility Area
The Technology Communications Manager will take ownership for the development of executive speeches, talking points and web content for the Office of the CTO (OCTO). This person will be responsible for working with the CTO in developing and supporting internally and externally-focused executive communications and marketing programs with the goal of evangelizing awareness and understanding of the company's technology vision, thought leadership and strategy. In addition, the position will be responsible for working cross-functionally within senior research and strategy management of Nokia to ensure engaging Op-ed pieces are being crafted and published by Nokia that drive the technology agenda forward across the industry. This position is a key role within OCTO’s growing Technology Insight & Promotion team, based in Palo Alto, CA..
Responsibilities • Craft story lines, write and edit speeches, talking points and other communications material for the CTO.
• Assist in the identification of new technology areas, and their associated impact to individuals, industry and Nokia.
• Be the local source of information regarding what is happening in the technology arena in other companies globally that could have a collaborative or competitive impact on the overall direction of Nokia.
• Act as liaison to both strategy and product groups across Nokia to ensure tight integration of outbound messaging.
• Work collaboratively to identify captivating ways of communicating key concepts through graphic visualizations.
• Anticipate internal and external business issues and developments within the industry; use knowledge to focus work and drive improvements
In order to be successful in this high profile role, you must have superior written and oral communication skills, with a broad-based education and an interest in as many subjects as possible. The ideal candidate will be an avid reader, a confirmed techno geek, will have had direct public speaking and presentation experience of their own, and a proven ability to balance competing demands in a dynamic environment. Finally, to blend well with the team, you should exude contagious energy, and a great sense of humor!
Individual Contributor - Can readily aggregate, analyze, and articulate concepts and solutions as the communications owner. You will need to routinely work outside of your own technology competence area, heavily leveraging subject matter experts throughout Nokia. Distils big picture into articulate, compelling stories. Makes decisions about and prioritizes own work. - Ensures existing plans are put into operation. Acts with independence and discretion. Develops appropriate solutions. This position will proactively work with other functions within the Corporate Development Office of Nokia, including Corporate Strategy and Communications. He or she will be expected to identify platforms and other opportunities for executive keynotes and networking opportunities. An acclaimed specialist in one area; demonstrates depth/breadth of knowledge/skills in own discipline. Anticipates needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short and long term solutions.
Requirements • Experience engaging directly with and influencing C-level executives
• Demonstrated ability to build a reliable network of contacts and to cultivate relationships across cultural and geographical distances to help achieve fast and exemplary results
• Proven project management experience, preferably creating and executing major communications plans (examples of executive speeches, product launches, media strategies)
• 5-7 years experience in technical marketing
• Direct experience working in and around Silcon Valley technology culture.
• Technical/Engineering Degree, with either an MBA in Marketing or an MS in English/Communications.
Email Aimee Cook and give her five great reasons why you are the ultimate "dark knight" candidate for the ultimate job: email@example.com