PROJECT MANAGER 4
Responsible for the management of large and complex projects and project teams made up of client and partner/alliance resources to deliver solutions and services to clients. Interacts closely with the client, partners and alliances to define the project parameters and to develop detailed project documentation outlining the project including Business Requirements, Project Plans, and Project Schedule.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages all aspects of large and complex projects throughout the infrastructure and software development project lifecycles including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change.
· Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the lifecycle.
· Develops detail project schedules, resource plans, status reports and contributes to the effectiveness of a team that integrates multiple functions/disciplines.
· Conducts project meetings, sets and manages client expectations by escalating issues and changes when appropriate.
· Interfaces with all areas affected by the project, including end user, services organizations, vendors and implementations partners.
· Ensure satisfactory transfer of custody and control of product upon completion (handoff) and close all project documentation and archive appropriate records.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creation and support of standards, processes and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team.
· Confidently makes presentations to small to mid-size audiences
· Act as liaison between all functional groups.
· Develop lessons learned documentation.
· Manages change board and remedy request.
· Report Project Status via T-Mobile defined Media.
· Functional/Technical Skills:
Recent experience and background with Software Development Lifecycle projects required.
· MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, AutoCAD Lt.)
· Expert understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
· Expert understanding of infrastructure and software development project lifecycles
· Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate
· Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing set of complex projects
· Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
· 7+ years of experience in project management, with proven history of successful project management within the telecommunications industry
· Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large complex infrastructure and software development projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change
· Must have a solid understanding of the PMI / PMBOK Methodology
· Possession of the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
· Have strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Able to manage projects of Large to complex projects independently
· Well-developed leadership skills in a matrix organization structure
A four year degree or equivalent experience (7+ years of related experience/training)
T-Mobile USA offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, mobile phone and service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking – not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
If interested, please apply online at www.t-mobile.com/jobs for REQ#172472. Please no agencies or 3rd party resumes.