My good buddy and fellow super-sourcer / recruiter, Amanda Papp, has some very cool jobs open at Rackspace.
I'm posting one of them below (Java Developer), but if you are interested in becoming a Racker (which is a really cool name for all those who work at Rackspace), check out their career site @ RackspaceCareers.com.
Amanda and team have also set up a blog - check it out and welcome them to the blogosphere! It's called Rackspace Recruiting (good luck Amanda P, Amanda Matthews, Steve, Ali, and Shelby!). And, check out Amanda Papp's blog too - it's called SuperSourcer / Recruiter!
Alrighty then, here's a bit about the Java Developer job I mentioned...
Mosso, an early-stage startup backed by Rackspace, is passionately building The Hosting System, a revolutionary product with an extremely ambitious goal: to overturn the way just about everything is done in the hosting industry.
We are looking for a Java Developer III who is passionate about building one of the most advanced and reliable infrastructure platforms on the internet.
This is a rare opportunity to lead a team putting cutting-edge hosting concepts directly into practice, including: server clustering, virtualization, high availability databases, and centralized SAN storage. Our customers are web developers; your team's charter is to help build them the hosting environment of their dreams. You'll spend 100% of your time emerged in and obsessed with advanced hosting technology.
Here's what Mosso provides:
The Software Engineer will be responsible for software development of web-based customer tools, provisioning system and system tools.
- A genuine startup environment backed with the muscle and funding of an industry titan.
- A small, but growing, team that's dedicated, close-knit, and enthusiastic.
- Rare access to new and powerful technologies in servers, virtualization, and enterprise clustering. We are on early adopter programs with almost every vendor we work with.
- A quick, non-bureaucratic path from ideas to actual implementation.
- An amazing view of downtown San Antonio from the 12th floor of a class A office building.
5+ years Java developmentMosso is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Web-based application development (JSP, Struts, Spring)
Web services experience
Open source application & tool experience (Eclipse, CruiseControl, Tomcat)