Fresh from its acquisition of U.S.-based Computerjobs.com, U.K.-based JobServe announced it will acquire JobShark, a nine-year-old Canadian firm with 10 employees.
This is JobServe's fourth acquisition in North America this year, and the first recent acquisition of a major Canadian online recruiter by a foreign buyer. Financial terms were not disclosed. In May 2006, JobServe purchased CareerBoard.com and Computerwork.com.
JobServe, formed in 1993, is the second-largest IT job site in Australia and is quickly expanding into the U.S. market.
Specialized boards today make up some 70% of the roughly 40,000 job sites on the Web, compared with 50% or 55% of the sites in 2001, according to Peter Weddle, editor and publisher of Weddle's Guides.
The Top Niche Sites
TopJobSites, a privately held company that organizes and reviews specialty job boards, recently created a list of the overall top niche sites, including Dice.com, eFinancialCareers.com, jobsinthemoney, and Retirement Jobs. The company also ranked the niche sites that remain number one in their respective categories, including:
- Bio/pharm: Medzilla.com
- Call center careers: Callcentercareers.com
- Catering careers: Caterer.com
- Clearance careers: ClearanceJobs.com
- Communications: TalentZoo.com
- Construction: MEP at Work
- Engineering: Engineering Central
- Healthcare careers: allnurses.com
- Human resources: Jobs4HR
- Insurance: Great Insurance Jobs
- Legal: Lawjobs.com
- Leisure careers: Leisure Jobs
- Linguists careers: Top Language Jobs
- Marketing careers: Marketing Jobs
- Media careers: TVJobs.com
- Post-military careers: Destiny Group
- Sales careers: Sales Jobs
- Securities careers: BrokerHunter.com
- Sports careers: JobsInSports.com
- Teaching: eteach.com
- Telecommunications: telecomcareers.net
Post a Comment