This post is not intended to slight any of the great bloggers out there (Gautam.....Jason, et al), that are not, well, American. But the only stat's I had were focused on Americans.
In 2003, author Kevin O'Keefe set out to find the "most-average" American. According to his book, The Average American, a majority of Americans:
- Eats peanut butter at least once a week
- Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky
- Can name all Three Stooges
- Lives within a 20-minute drive of a WalMart
- Eats at McDonald's at least once a year
- Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day
- Never sings in the shower
- Lives in a house, not an apartment or condominium
- Has a home valued between $100,000 and $300,000
- Has fired a gun
- Is between 5 feet and 6 feet tall
- Weighs 135 to 205 pounds (check out this link about Americans and their weight)
- Is between the ages of 18 and 53
- Believes gambling is an acceptable entertainment option
- Grew up within 50 miles of current home (I wish I was still 50 miles from home).
Wow. The Three Stooges. I guess the rest of the world now knows the depth of our intelligence.
Moe, Larry, and Curly aside, what I want to know is,
"What is the average number of jobs a person holds during a lifetime?"
Glad you asked. According to Careers in Transition,
"Studies show that the average working American will have three to five careers and between 10 to 12 jobs during his or her lifetime."