Manager, Quality Engineering (St Jude Medical) Plano, TX
Electrical/Software Quality Engineering Manager directs a group of 5 to 10 engineers that are focused on electrical, software, and firmware quality engineering. They will lead a group that are responsible for assuring that electrical devices, firmware, and software developed for use or sale at SJM NMD meets all regulatory and voluntary standard requirements. This includes providing guidance to a group of engineers with experience ranging from 5 years to 25 years.
Major, On-Going Responsibilities:
• Identify and develop talent to take on larger roles and improve product and system quality
• Perform performance reviews
• Provide guidance on performance of job function to direct reports
• Ensure that all requirements are met for product development, operations, and risk management activities
• Lead group of highly skilled product experts and drive data-driven decisions throughout the organization
Experience & Training:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Science, or related field
• 10 to 20 years quality assurance or quality engineering background is required
• Experience with medical device or regulated industry is required
• Experience with formal development methodologies and design is recommended
• Experience with risk management and ISO 14971 familiarity is a definite plus
• Must have minimum of 2 years management experience
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Must work well within a cross-functional team environment.
Must be capable of working with minimal supervision. Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously. Must be able to supervise direct reports in effective manner.
Please apply online by following this link: Apply Online
Once you get to the St Jude Medical career site, scroll down to find the Manager, QE position.