St. Jude Medical develops medical technology and services that focus on putting more control into the hands of those who treat cardiac, neurological and chronic pain patients worldwide. The company is dedicated to advancing the practice of medicine by reducing risk wherever possible and contributing to successful outcomes for every patient. St. Jude Medical is headquartered in St. Paul, Minn. and has four major focus areas that include: cardiac rhythm management, atrial fibrillation, cardiovascular and neuromodulation. We currently have the following position available in our Neuromodulation Division.
The Electrical Engineer II - Embedded Systems is responsible for electrical design of low-power, mixed-signal embedded systems; hardware and firmware; RF Design for implantable medical devices. 2+ yrs of experience with microcontroller-based hardware design and 1+ year of C/C++ programming in an interactive / collaborative environment.
Major, On-Going Responsibilities:
• Detailed electrical hardware and firmware design
• Modification and maintenance of implantable medical devices,
• Using best engineering practices for low-power, mixed-signal embedded systems.
• Create, edit, and maintain documentation related to design controls and quality system guidelines.
Experience & Training:
• BS or MS in an engineering discipline related to embedded systems design.
• 2+ years of experience with mixed-signal hardware and firmware development related to embedded systems (preferably TI MSP430-based design).
• 1+ years of C/C++ programming experience is strongly desired.