Sr. Electrical Engineer - St. Jude Medical (Neuromodulation Division)
Major On-Going Responsibilities:
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
· Understands the value proposition and metrics of success for all projects that are supported by the group and actively promotes them within the team.
· Successfully executes technical project tasks and delivers milestones consistently, ensuring customer focused (including internal and external customers), and high quality product deliverables.
· Remains current on engineering technologies, with emphasis on the neuromodulation field; performs engineering evaluations on second sources, interfacing with vendors and suppliers
· Provides technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineering personnel
· Always takes initiative and strives to achieve excellence and works cross-functionally to help others achieve excellence in their work.
· Actively participates in reviewing customer and engineering requirements, product and test specifications, reports, industry and company standards, guidelines and works to achieve continuous improvement within the group and cross-functionally
· Identifies and communicates ideas and initiates actions that would improve product quality, testability, performance, affectivity, safety, usefulness and overall customer satisfaction.
· Nurtures innovation, supports activities that would promote new ideas, products, methods resulting in higher company value, brand recognition, customer awareness through expanding the intellectual property portfolio.
· Actively participates in activities, helping management on matters such as product, process, resource issues, engineering failure modes and corrective actions.
Education and Technical Experience
· 5 or more years of industry experience in analog and digital (embedded systems) development, including firmware, unit and systems level testing and integration activities, with proofs of successfully completing two or more complex engineering projects from concept to production release
· Experience in medical device or other highly regulated development environment
· Bachelor’s in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science
Qualified candidates should apply online via our website at http://www.sjm.com/careers and reference position NMD2428. No agencies or phone calls, please.