Sony Ericsson is on the cutting edge of one of the most dynamic areas in modern technology. Our devices are multiple award winning, “WOW” devices that make even grizzled hardware reviewers do a double take. We are seeking an individual to join our incredible team of designers and engineers to help us define the next generation in wireless and convergence devices. If you think you are up to the challenge and have the qualifications, drive and innovation required, read on.
We are searching for an experienced HARDWARE PROJECT
Performing in the role the chosen candidate will be responsible for day to day project management activities of the HW team, working as interface between the HW development team members and external (non HW team) project management.
To be successful this person will:
Develop and maintain detailed hardware sub-project schedule in MS Project (including dependencies on other sub-systems) based on understanding of work breakdown structure, task durations, input and output dependencies worked out with HW Development Leads. In other words, if you haven't actually been an RF or hardware componentry designer working on complex products, you may not be able to understand this process.
Ensure inputs/deliverables are provided to/from external groups.
When problems arrive you'll have to escalate to Technical Managers as needed to ensure the success of the project. We have a lot of targets to meet to make sure these incredibly complex devices get to market. You need to make sure we hit them.
You will lead weekly HW development status meetings, attend weekly project and technical meetings, update, manage and prioritize risk database and help to define mitigation of these risks. Project manage hardware verification program, ensuring properly configured hardware is provided to system verification teams and all external customers.
You will work with Development Project Manager and others to plan and execute factory prototype builds and may even be asked to attend factory builds (international travel required).
If you meet the qualifications below you can apply and we will discuss it in more detail.
Please keep in mind:
This is a project management position, NOT a design job. We already have many talented hardware designers and are always looking for more. If you want a design job, apply for one of those. We hire people who have a passion for their jobs.
You will be dealing with the DEVELOPMENT of cutting edge, next generation consumer devices, not manufacturing. You may be a great project manager but if you lack experience in development or have only experience project managing on the manufacturing side, you won't be chosen.
Ideally you WILL have some experience in hardware design so you can understand what our teams are trying to accomplish. We'd like you to understand our kind of hardware; communication devices, stand alone, complex, electronic consumer devices.
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s Degree required. MS Desired.
Must Have Capabilities:
- Excellent communication, team leadership and presentation skills are expected. Desire and ability to learn and work on fast-paced, team-oriented projects. Must be Flexible and open-minded
- Must be able to work with technical specialists as well as generalists or visionary product planners/sales and marketing personnel, etc.
- Must be able to lead multi-disciplinary team to achieve timely completion of project milestone tasks.
- Strong understanding of project management methods is required. Familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or Clarity Workbench is required.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience including at least 2 years performing Project Management duties as part of a product development team. Experience leading project teams developing high volume consumer products is desired
Should Have Capabilities
- Understanding of mobile phone development / integration processes is highly desirable with Cellular/Wireless industry experience (GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS) preferred.
If you qualify we’ll be in touch to tell you much more, including a summary of our benefits, which we believe to be some of the best in any industry. FULLY paid family health care, educational reimbursement, company contribution to your 401k whether you contribute or not, sick and kin care days, really too much to mention here.