Likewise, KJ knows that it's sometimes the best way to guarantee that I read the late-breaking news about the Smith familia:
"AJ broke arm...on way to doc"
"FJ cut leg ...on way to doc"
"HJ forgot lunchbox...b right back."
"I miss u...let's have coffee"
Which I follow with,
"Itza date...i <3 u"
I just read a post on "Life, The Universe" which said:
33% of people surveyed say they communicate with their date or mate via text messaging in 2007, an increase of six percentage points from last year.
28% of users also report using text messaging to flirt.
For the fourth year, Cingular Wireless, part of AT&T, has commissioned a survey of adult cell phone users to determine how cell phones have affected their romantic lives. The survey was conducted in January 2007 by ICR (International Communications Research) among 1,006 wireless users and reveals that SMS and MMS-based communication between partners is on the rise.
Other findings from the survey include:
- 38% of respondents said that a date answered his or her wireless phone in the midst of a great dinner conversation while 31 percent said they had done the same.
- 28% have used text messaging to avoid long conversations.
- 17% reported that a wireless phone has saved them from an uncomfortable date.
- 12% have used text messaging news as a conversation starter with a date or mate.
- 8% of respondents say they have ended a relationship over rude/offensive wireless behavior.
- 5% of respondents have called someone else he or she was interested in from a wireless phone while on a date and seven percent reported that their date had done so.
- 6% have judged a prospective date by the phone they use.
I am proud to say that none of the above statistics apply to me.
If, however, they had referenced broken bones, missing lunch boxes, and coffee-smooches with a spouse, my name's all over it.
Post a Comment